[Qgis-user] QGIS brewed map - finding and the Local highest points in a specific sector (or polygon)

Paulo Gali Macedo pgmacedo at fc.up.pt
Mon Sep 30 17:00:49 PDT 2013

	Hi Giovanni,

	Congratulations for your work !

	I noticed that at some zoom levels, you show the elevation
contour lines, as well as the Local highest points (mountain peeks)
along with their altitude.
	The contour lines are for me easy to get, however, I would
like to know if there is an automatic way of finding and plotting the
Local highest points in a specific sector (or polygon) of a raster
layer in QGIS.

	Can anybody help me in this ?

	On waiting for your answers, I thank you all in advance.

	All the Best.

	Paulo Gali

>I'd like to show you my latest work, entirely done with QGIS 1.7.3
>and open data (OSM, CORINE, SRTM).
>
>Digital version at
><http://cascafico.altervista.org/tms/Brda/BrdaLeaflet.html>http://cascafico.altervista.org/tms/Brda/BrdaLeaflet.html
>
>Printed version has been Photoshopped just for CMYK tuning. Final is
>a 1:25.000 scale, 700x1000mm sheet @300DPI.

Paulo Gali Macedo

pgmacedo at fc.up.pt