[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Thomas Ferris tmferris at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 06:01:47 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm new to QGIS.  I was hoping that someone can answer a very basic question for me.

Can QGIS display Digital Nautical Chart (DNC) data in Vector Product Format (VPF) from the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency of the United States government?  Here’s a web page describing these DNCs.

https://www1.nga.mil/ProductsServices/NauticalHydrographicBathymetricProduct/Pages/DigitalNauticalChart.aspx

The Supported Data Formats page under the User Manual section of the QGIS website provides the following link:

http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html

This page says that the OGDI libray, which is necessary for VPF data, is not compiled into the OGR library by default.

This is why I’m asking the question.

Thank You in advance,

Mark