[Qgis-user] Transfer QGIS files on new computer

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:15:06 PDT 2014

Hi Lise:

If you preserve same paths and relative paths to layers you will haven't
problems with project. If you can't preserve them, you must fix them after
open a project, when QGIS asks where are layers that can't find (or you can
also edit each project file in a text editor). Hard work if you have lots
of layers, so I recommend you preserve paths in new computer

Good luck

Carlos.