[Qgis-user] QGIS on Note 8 Android 4.2.2 problems

Rob parkerr5 at cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Apr 4 06:39:38 PDT 2014

Hi All,
I'm a new subscriber, so feel free to point me in the right direction if this isn't the right place to post.
I'm really impressed with QGIS on my Mac, so I've just purchase an Android Note 8 to try it out in the field.
I mistakenly upgraded the firmware to 4.2.2. I've installed the nightly version (02/04/2014), but I'm getting a lot of crashes in QGIS and no cursor from the GPS tracking.
Do we know if 4.2.2 has been known to cause this? I'm thinking of rooting the device to go back to 4.1.2, but it will void the warranty so I want to make sure this is the right decision first.
Many thanks,
Rob