[Qgis-user] cutting vector lines

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Mon Apr 7 07:14:08 PDT 2014

On 2014/04/07 13:59, Mischa van der Hout wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a vector shapefile of all the roads in one town. I need to
> divide the roads in smaller sections of equal size (for example 15
> kilometers). I've been struggling for a while now, and still can't
> find a handy simple solution for this.
>
> Anyone on the mailinglist with a stroke of genius to help me?
>
> --
> kind regards,
>
> Mischa van der Hout

Hi Mischa,
Care to give us (a lot) more info?
Do you mean lines longer that 15Km need to be broken into two (or more)
lines each having the same attribute?
Broken on intersections if any?
Broken into 15km x 15Km tiles?
Or do you mean if RdLen <= 5km then category=1 elsif RdLen <= 10km then
category=2 etc etc?

  A bit of background might also engender some enthusiasm from this list.

Regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za