[Qgis-user] qgis 2.20 on win 8

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 08:24:07 PDT 2014

> Hello,
> I've just installed qgis valmiera on windows 8,
> it seems work OK, but the "digitize" toolbar doesn't appear (the other
> toolbars yes...).
> I've disabled/enabled this toolbar in the settings, without success...
> Someone can help me?

This happens often enough that it has been included in the
docs:http://qgis.org/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_gui.html#toolbar

Restoring toolbars

If you have accidentally hidden all your toolbars, you can get them
back by choosing menu option Settings ‣ Toolbars ‣. If a toolbar
disappears under Windows, which seems to be a problem in QGIS from
time to time, you have to
remove\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QGIS\qgis\UI\state in the registry.
When you restart QGIS, the key is written again with the default
state, and all toolbars are visible again.

Alternative workarounds:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/28756/missing-tools-icons-qgis

Goyo