[Qgis-user] edit joined fields

Stefan Sylla stefansylla at gmx.de
Tue Apr 22 00:30:12 PDT 2014

Thanks Matteo,

> you can save the joined layer (parent+child) as a new layer. This way,
> when you load it in QGIS, its attribute table is *unique* and you can
> style as your wishes.

my problem is that both of my layers are stored in a Postgis database and it
does not help me if I have to create a new layer which would then not refer
to the original tables anymore.
Of course, a workaround could be a new layer inside the database that would
then update the original tables with a trigger function. But I was wondering
if there is an easier way to go in QGIS.

Stefan