[Qgis-user] edit joined fields

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Tue Apr 22 04:44:45 PDT 2014

Hello,

Le mardi 22 avril 2014 10:10:13, Rémi Bovard a écrit :
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Just a note, wouldn't it be better to have one table being given the 1-1
> relationship?
>
> In any case, with PostGIS you can create a view, add rules on it (update,
> insert, delete) and the load this editable view in QGIS. Something like:

> new.<attribute>

Rules on PostgreSQL are an old system and not recommended.
It is advised to use triggers instead for this kind of use case.

Note that latest PostgreSQL versions have automatic writeable views (for
simple views), no need to do anything to activate it.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-createview.html

Vincent