[Qgis-user] Layer Offset

mflue mflue at arcor.de
Tue Apr 22 06:13:15 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have a problem alining one layer in my project.

So far I added a google map using the open layer plugin as well as a
delimited Text file with geocoded adresses.
The CRS is set to WGS 84 - EPSG:4326 for the adresses and WGS 84 / Pseudo
Mercator - EPSG: 3857 for the google map. Both layers alligne very nicely.

My problem lies in the layer of zip codes which I imported from the
shapefile in this link http://arnulf.us/PLZ.
According to the description theshapefile is coded in WGS84 - EPSG:4326.
I set the CRS to this value again and enabled OTF-Projection so I guess I
made everything correct so far.
Anyway I get an north-east offset of approx. 300 meter. There is a hint on
that website regarding this offset in german but I cannot figure out how to
set this offset.

"Je nach Koordinatensystem können die Daten gleichmäßig bis zu mehrere
hundert Meter nach Nordosten verschoben sein. Man kann das Problem aber
beheben, indem man einen Versatz in der Projektion berücksichtigt."

I appreciate any help and explanation why this happens and how to solve the
issue.

THX mflue