[Qgis-user] Add a wms layer from startu macro

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 04:37:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

we have a qgis project with many wms layers.

Unfortunately qgis 2.2 when start if the internet connection is unavailable
(because the user forgot to set the proxy as real example).
Qgis remove the wms layers from the project and so they are lost.

The best option surely should be that qgis don't remove the wls layer but
instead disable them. But I understand this is not a good option because we
nedd absolutely work now with the qgis 2.2.

So a workaround we are try-ing to test is to add the wms layer in a startup
phase using the OpenProject macro.

I'm not a python expert.
So I'm searching the info to write a simple python code to test if a
connection internet is available and if ok add a wms layer.

Any info is welcome.

thx,

--
Andrea Peri