[Qgis-user] The project file copy is dismissed ?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Apr 25 14:51:16 PDT 2014

Hi Andrea,

On Fri, 25. Apr 2014 at 20:33:08 +0200, aperi2007 wrote:
> We notice that in the qgis 2.2 version .
> When open a project file "test2.qgs"
> QGIS will create a new file named "test2.qgs~"
>
> Instead in the dev version this file is no more create.
>
> Is this a valuated change or a unwanted bug ?
>
> We like the remove of the copy file because it will cause the lost of
> the original project file when it was read-only.

There was a change.  If the original project file is not writable, it won't be
renamed and in turn not overwritten.

See http://hub.qgis.org/issues/9617

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)      Germany                      IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden