[Qgis-user] Run a python in the startup

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 00:04:07 PDT 2014

Unfortunately no.

We have a set of action to do on a project.
The first is change the startup extent of the project,
the second is to add a set of wms layer to the canvas (and to the project
loaded ofcourse).

Our security concern is to avoid to ask the user to remove the security
settings for run our python code.
Two the main reasons. The user could work in a society that don't allow to
remove that security
because the user could forget to restore the security concern after close
the project and so use in the future with a less security qgis.
The second is that the user could not know how remove and re-enable the
security constraints.

Andrea.

> Il 28/04/2014 08:24, Andrea Peri ha scritto:
>
> > I need to run a python in qgis startup phase.
> >
> > I see the option to set the startup code in
> > project.properties -> macros
> >
> > But this solution is not affordable for us, due to security settings.
> >
> > So searching another solution, I try if exist an option to say to qgis
> > (using a parameter in the shell startup ) to run a python code.
> >
> > My goal is to produce a python code capable to load a project file and
> > add some wms layer to the canvas.
> >
> > I hope this solution could run without the constraints of security
> settings.
>
> Hi Andrea,
> would the option to load atumatically a specified project solve your issue?
> BTW: what are exactly your security concerns?
> All the best.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Andrea Peri