[Qgis-user] Field Calculator Get lon values of points

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Apr 29 09:22:46 PDT 2014

Close, I believe width is total number of characters. And yes precision
is just the number of characters to the right of the decimal.
so 12 w 5 p means 7char.5char
Which is why I suggested 12 w 8 p
-120.12345678
38.12345678

I don't recall if a negative counts as a char, I don't think it does on
a real. 8 after the decimal is a common amount of precision, the last
couple of digits take you down to meter/submeter. I'd have to look up
exactly where it gets you I don't recall right now.

Thanks,
Alex