[Qgis-user] Points layer from table tool truncating texts

anderso at anlaggarna.se anderso at anlaggarna.se
Wed Dec 3 05:36:26 PST 2014

Hi!

> Hello,
> And if u just create your points with these tools and then join the result
> layer to your previous table in your database?

OK, i'll try to do that, new functionality to me :-)

> About the SAGA "Convert table to points" tool, you need to activate the
> processing toolbox and at the bottom of the frame, choose "Advanced
> Interface". It's in SAGA > Shapes - Points category.

No, i can't find it in my freshly installed 2.6.1, SAGA->Shapes - Points
contain:

Add coordinates to points
Add polygon attributes to point
Aggregate point observations
Clip points with polygons
Convert lines to points
Convert multipoints to points
Convex hull
Distance Matrix
Fit n points to shape
Points Filter
Points thinning
Remove duplicate points
Separate points by direction

I also tried to search for it in the toolbox, using "table" as keyword the
only SAGA group hit i get is:
Profile from points table

BR

/AO