[Qgis-user] error_ R_home range

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:34:32 PST 2014

Reviving this thread... I was running into similar issues, despite having
the necessary packages installed.   Trying to provide useful info for
others who run into this.

I went into the processing "History and Log" to look at the "R execution
console output" for error messages and and ran the same code directly in R
to troubleshoot.

Seems that the message below message is the standard given when R scripts
using adehabitatHR don't run successfully.

"The script you have executed needs the following packages:

   - adehabitatHR

Make sure they are installed in your R environment before trying to execute
this script."
Looks like I had a couple of issues going on. If my interpretation of what
was going on is mistaken, please feel free to correct.

1) The field name I was using for the Minimum Convex Polygon had spaces in
it; when the script runs in R, the spaces in column names get replaced with
a '.', so R doesn't find the same field name as specified in QGIS/the
original attribute table.

2) I did not have sufficient points for one of my groups, so the algorithm
couldn't actually compute an MCP for that group and thus failed to
complete. If you do a Feature Subset to remove categories without
sufficient numbers of points (in the Layer Properties), this works because
R is looking at a Temp file that excludes the specified data points.

I hope this helps others, and if I'm missing something, please let me know.

Best regards,
Mike