[Qgis-user] Qgis uninstall Osx

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Sun Dec 7 00:27:45 PST 2014

On 07/12/2014, at 10:41 , Ramon AndiƱach wrote:

> On 05/12/2014, at 07:32 , William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> For executable parts of QGIS, the application and the ~/.qgis2 folder are all there is.  There are Python modules (matplotlib, etc.), but those are separate from QGIS, and both versions of QGIS use the same versions of those Python modules.
>>
>> The readme does say it's best to delete any existing QGIS app before installing another.  But nothing about deleting old QGIS plugin junk in .qgis2 (I thought I had something in the readme about this, maybe I did once), it can be tricky for the average user to manage (I have a standing request to move this folder to users' Application Support on OS X).
>

> Hi William,
>
> Thanks for the time that you put into packaging QGIS.
>
> I'm seeing that the "Readme before installing" has notes about deleting the old version first, but the "Readme" doesn't.
> Neither seems to have anything about .qgis2 - although at least for 2.6.1 this seems to be giving grief to mostly windows users.
>
> I wonder if the "best to delete the old version" note might not be worth replicating in the "Readme" so that it's under the nose of people while the installer is running. What do you think?
>
> I'm also going to note that the requirements for QGIS on http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis and in the "Readme" differ by numpy.

Although I note that numpy is in the complete framework.
The reason I mention it is that if someone actually did read the readme, then they might find themselves wondering why the website just says the complete framework and matplotlib, while the readme has those and numpy. Which might make them wonder if they missed something out.

-ramon.