[Qgis-user] MrSID on QGIS 2.6.,1, Mac OSK 10.10.1

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Dec 8 07:05:08 PST 2014

I don't do linux, but I'm sure it's possible - the MrSID SDK exists for linux.  I use a simple custom makefile to make it as a GDAL plugin, using an installed GDAL.  Ask on the GDAL mailing list, someone may have already done it.

On Dec 8, 2014, at 8:17 AM, Randal Hale <rjhale at northrivergeographic.com> wrote:

> !!
>
> Is there a way to port this to Linux as we are now the odd man out......and Sid files drive me an extra 6 minutes and about 6.5 GB of difficulty every time I run into one.
>
> Randy
>

> On 12/07/2014 11:03 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> Check my site.  The GDAL framework that you should have installed also has a separately downloadable plugin for the MrSID format.
>>
>> On Dec 7, 2014, at 7:53 PM, Dave Peterson <davep at iit.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> I need to be able to display MrSID files made available by the state GIS department.  I had them running on QGIS 1.8, OSX 10.6.8, but I’m not sure what I did back then.  Have searched the Web as best I can and haven’t found any instructions for current QGIS with a current OS.  Can anyone help?
>>>
>>> Seems to me at one point I saw some directions for getting 1.4 to read MrSID, but I can’t find them.  I’m doing GIS volunteer work for Mass Audubon Society, and a lot of their raster stuff is MrSID.  (They use ArcGIS; I can’t afford it.)
>>> --
>>> Dave Peterson
>>>
>>> davep at iit.edu

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe