[Qgis-user] MrSID on QGIS 2.6.,1, Mac OSK 10.10.1

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Mon Dec 8 14:33:39 PST 2014

On 08/12/2014, at 23:12 , Randal Hale wrote:

> Can I force the install of the libgdal-mrsid package on trusty although it's for oneiric/lucy...which I think is back in the 10/11 series for ubuntu?
>
> Randy

Hi Randy,

If it's like the ecw-src it's more dependent on the gdal library version, than the ubuntu version.

I preferred the extra effort of downloading the -src.deb and manually spreading the files about. (In the ecw-src there was only about 3 files to move anyway) This defeats the purpose of package management somewhat, but stops apt complaining about incompatible versions of things.

-ramon.