[Qgis-user] Mosaicking aerial images

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 10:21:14 PST 2014

Hi Andreas,

I'm Bringing this back to the list, as others here probably have some
better thoughts than I do.  Googling around, I found this tool which might
be useful (?), though I can't tell how it handles overlaps [haven't even
downloaded it...]: https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Correlator

Not sure about enblend (can't access the site right now)

Depending on how different the images are, you could just try mosaicing and
see what it looks like (gdal_merge takes the values of last image added for
overlaps).  If there's a way to standardize color values based on
brightness, or by RGB bands, that might help, either before or after
mosaicing. (might depend on if you're dealing with multi-band image, or
single band? - it would be fairly easy on multi-band like Landsat)

Hope that helps,
mike