[Qgis-user] py2exe for windows, import qgis.core anf qgis.gui

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:45:05 PST 2014

Hey Robert,

It can be done.  I have done it with my Roam project, you can find the
setup.py logic here https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam/blob/master/setup.py

The three main things are:
   1) Make sure you have a batch file that does path setup and call it
before running: python setup.py py2exe. You can see an example at
https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam/blob/master/scripts/setenv.bat  I run this
is all my sub scripts when building, etc.  Basically call setenv.bat call
python setup.py py2exe

   2) You need to copy things like qgis provider plugins and resources into
the package, you can see that being done here:
https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam/blob/master/setup.py#L82 (ignore the mess
there)

   3) You will need to do some path setup before you call QgsApplication or
else things will not load correctly:
https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam/blob/master/src/roam/environ.py#L107

The Roam code might not be a good example as there is a lot of other things
in there but you should be able to make your way though it to work it out.

- Nathan