[Qgis-user] Export SHP2GPX Massively

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu Dec 11 02:20:00 PST 2014

Sorry, can't figure out what is meant by "I need to move the axes of a SHP
track individual GPX each route..", but I assume that you have a shape
file with lines and you would like to store parts of that as tracks (or
better routes, cause you will not have a time component I think) in
separate gpx files?

I can think of solution by first splitting your shapefile by your line ID
with Vector -> Data Management Tools -> Split vector layer.
This will produce lots of shp files named with a schema like
layername_fieldname_ID.shp
Before that, adjust your original files column names to GPX conventions to
avoid trouble (Have a look at you already produced gpx files)

Then you could try to run a loop in a batch file with sth like this in it:
ogr2ogr -f GPX -dsco GPX_USE_EXTENSIONS=YES FORCE_GPX_ROUTE=YES
destination.gpx source.shp

See here examples
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/25366/ogr2ogr-convert-all-shapefiles-in-a-directory
how to build such a loop

or even without loop:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/22349/converting-tab-to-mif-mif-to-tab/22352#22352
(all not tested by me, all just wild guessing)

Hope I got the topic right and that this will help you to find the right
way
Cheers
Bernd

--