[Qgis-user] Which QGIS for OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard?

lorenzo.nann at libero.it lorenzo.nann at libero.it
Wed Dec 17 23:50:59 PST 2014

Greetings everyone,
I' new to GIS and I'd like to install QGIS for the first time on a OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard. However, if I read it correctly, I can't use the recent QGIS 2.6 version because it's not made for that OSX version, therefore I'll have to use QGIS 2.4. Is this correct?
Also, exactly, which other files/programs/add-ons (and which versions) do I need to install for that, to work on my OSX version? I gave a look, but it looked a bit confusing for a newbie to understand what is exactly needed and what is not for each QGIS version outside of the most recent one.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Best
Lorenzo Nannetti