[Qgis-user] Editing shapefile attributes in QGIS

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Dec 19 09:51:47 PST 2014

Actually the issue is that Excel 2007 and later no longer allow Saving
DBF without add-ons (3rd party). Only LibreOffice or OpenOffice still
support that.

So yes if you can use Table Manager and built in tools to QGIS that
would provide less headache long term, manually adding columns to dbf is
a little tricky sometimes.

Alternately you can import an xls table and join it to an existing
shapefile.

Enjoy,
Alex