[Qgis-user] Storing data to postgis from Qgis

David Kramer davidk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 21:10:57 PST 2014

Leknin,

Thanks for the reply. I've followed your recipe and indeed I can paste my
selected features as a new memory layer (thanks Jan) and then import the
layer via db manager into postgis. This is tremendously useful, but is not
quite what I'm looking for.

I don't really want to create a new table, I really want to just select a
few fields out of my newly selected layer and save those as a row in an
already created table. For example, let's assume I have a table that lists
franchises the states that they do business in and the columns:

'Franchise Name'    |  'States'             | 'geom'
===================================
Alice's Restaurant   | "NY, NJ, PA"    |   ...
Joe's Burgers          |  "CA, NV, OR"  |   ...

To add a new row to the table I'd like to go into qgis, select the states
for a franchise (from a layer of states), save that as a memory layer. Then
I'd like to have a save function which allows me to enter the franchise
name. It would save only the name, the states and the geometry as a row in
the table.

Make sense? Is this possible from the GUI or do I need to write a plugin in
pyQGIS?

Thx
David