[Qgis-user] QGIS shutdown python script

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Feb 4 10:36:26 PST 2014

Hi Ross,

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Etienne Tourigny <etourigny.dev at gmail.com>wrote:

> You could place your code in your plugin's unload() method.  But I'm not
> sure this would work, because some things might not be available at that
> time (e.g. layers, etc.).
>
> See this page for a simple example
> http://www.qgis.org/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/plugins.html
>

> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 7:41 AM, McDonaldR <McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk> wrote:
>
>>    Hi List
>>

>> Is it possible for QGIS to run a (python) script on shutdown?  There is a
>> feature on the QGIS issues list about startup scripts (
>> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6297) - can shutdown scripts be used in the
>> same way?

Have your tried putting that Python code in the closeProject() Python
Project Macro (in Project Properties dialog in QGIS 2.0+)? Not global to
the app, but it is already implemented, just at the per-project level.

Regards,

Larry

Say, for example, I have a project in which I am editing a dataset in a