[Qgis-user] QGIS for commercial usage

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 00:13:00 PST 2014

A slight modification -

QGIS is licensed under the GPL license. That means, that all derived
works of QGIS has to have the same GPL license. This includes QGIS
plugins made by yourself.

There is nothing that stops you from developing _and_ selling a QGIS
plugin as long you adhere to the GPL license.

The GPL license essentially states, that if you deliver (sell or give
away) som kind of GPL licensed software the source code _has to_ be
included. And the recipient has the _right_ to modify the software ,
give or sell it to a third party without any kind of compensation to the
original developer. But the derived piece of software has to retain the
GPL license so the third party has the same rights as the second party
(This sounds like a line from a Marx Brothers movie ;-)

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Aestas-GIS
Denamrk