[Qgis-user] How to use Orfeo Toolbox tools in QGIS?

Travis Kroger tjkroger at ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 6 18:12:08 PST 2014

I asked about this before, but I think I may not have been asking the right
question.  I want to use the binary morphological filter tool in OTB, but I
am unable to install OTB on my home work work computers (either windows 8
pro or windows 7 enterprise).  There is no option to include it in the
OsGeo4W installer, and it does not get installed using the standalone
installer.  Is OTB no longer able to be used in QGIS?  I can get the tool I
need to work in Monteverdi, but using it in QGIS would be preferable if it
is still possible.  If anyone has any ideas that would be great, or if it
can't be used anymore at least then I can stop wasting time trying to
figure it out.

Thanks,

Travis