[Qgis-user] How to use Orfeo Toolbox tools in QGIS?

Nick Hopton nhopton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 02:05:07 PST 2014

Travis Kroger wrote
> I asked about this before, but I think I may not have been asking the
> right
> question.  I want to use the binary morphological filter tool in OTB, but
> am unable to install OTB on my home work work computers (either windows 8
> pro or windows 7 enterprise).  There is no option to include it in the
> OsGeo4W installer, and it does not get installed using the standalone
> installer.  Is OTB no longer able to be used in QGIS?  I can get the tool
> need to work in Monteverdi, but using it in QGIS would be preferable if it
> is still possible.  If anyone has any ideas that would be great, or if it
> can't be used anymore at least then I can stop wasting time trying to
> figure it out.

>From what 'Saint' wrote here:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Help-with-Orfeotoolbox-in-QGIS-2-0-1-td5101010.html
it would appear that OTB is now built-in to the Processing Toolkit and
therefore shouldn't need to be installed by other means.

That said, it still won't work for me (Ubuntu 12.04/QGIS Nightly from
Ubuntugis).

N.