[Qgis-user] How to use Orfeo Toolbox tools in QGIS?

Nick Hopton nhopton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 05:12:13 PST 2014

Alex Mandel-2 wrote
> OTB is usable from Processing, but is optional like SAGA, R, and GRASS
> the program needs to be installed separately so Processing can use it.
> Once you have it installed Processing will let you access the algorithms
> for it.

Thanks for this Alex, I've installed OTB and after some tinkering with the
configuration of the Processing Toolkit it works.

On my system (Ubuntu 12.04/QGIS 2.1.0-Master from Ubuntugis) settings made
in Processing options don't stick. It was necessary to edit
~.qgis2/processing/processing.conf as follows to set the directories.

OTB_LIB_FOLDER=/usr/lib/otb
OTB_FOLDER=/usr/bin/

Best wishes,
Nick.