[Qgis-user] Delete attribute in layer properties fields for Shapefile SpatiaLite file

Francois Terreno francois.terreno at Safe-mail.net
Mon Feb 10 11:02:40 PST 2014

Update:
Delete attribute in layer properties does also not work for ESRI Shapefiles.
It seems to be a general problem.

What I tried:
i) I reinstalled QGIS 2.01.
ii) QGIS 2.01 _ Settings _ Options _ render caching

This did not solve the problem.

James recommended spatialite-gui.
I installed from the repository of my linux system spatialite-gui 1.2.1-3
In this old version, there is no drop from menu item.
The new version 1.7.1 is not in the repository. I could try later.
But,
I think the delete function must also work generally in QGIS. Or why is the delete button in QGIS?

Did somebody ever observe that this delete function works for shapefiles, spatialite files or
other files?

Please add the word shapefile to the title of the thread.

Kind regards
Francois Terreno