[Qgis-user] layers have sometimes have to be turned on and, off and on again to show up

Jake Maier j.m at jmforestry.com
Tue Feb 11 06:07:06 PST 2014

Thank you for your response, Mike
Yes I am aware of the drawing order. I have win 7 and the problem occurred
with all versions I used.
It started with 1.8 (my first version) and continued I think with all
versions and now it occurred with version

QGIS version	2.1.0-Master	QGIS code revision	d647354
Compiled against Qt	4.8.5	Running against Qt	4.8.5
Compiled against GDAL/OGR	1.10.1	Running against GDAL/OGR
1.10.1
Compiled against GEOS	3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2	Running against GEOS
3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2 r3921
PostgreSQL Client Version	9.2.4	SpatiaLite Version	4.1.1
QWT Version	5.2.3	PROJ.4 Version	480
QScintilla2 Version	2.7.2	This copy of QGIS writes debugging output.

I never could reproduce it, and it sometimes happens and sometimes not. I
have no idea so far what may trigger it.
There was just 2 days ago another maybe related incident. I downloaded
openlayer plugin and loaded google map. First it displayed at the right
location compared to the other layers. But when I panned the image the
google layer all of a sudden displayed about 1000 feet to the west. After
zooming out a bit, it again displayed at the correct location.

I don't know if these two problems are connected but I wanted to mention it.
Thanks again very much for your help. This is such an incredible service.
Jake