[Qgis-user] Using the ##passfilename tag for R script in Processing Toolbox

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 14:17:58 PST 2014

No, that's not the idea off ##passfilename, the idea is that, instead of
getting an R variable that is already a vector/raster layer, you get a
string with its filename, so you can use it in R as you like. This was
mainly done to allow the user to open a raster layer using a different
package, and not use a fixed one and provide the layer object directly. So,
if you declare a variable "mylayer" as vector layer, Processing will ask
the user to select a vector layer, but the "mylayer" variable will have the
path to the selected file. If you do not use ##passfilename, Processing
will add some extra code, so the variable will already point to a data
object created based on that filename.

You can update to the newer version using the plugin manager. You should
enable the "show experimental plugins" option, and you will see a new
version of Processing.

To make feature requests, you can use the QGIS issue tracker.

Thanks in advance!