[Qgis-user] Moving a raster layer?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Feb 12 14:28:54 PST 2014

On 02/12/2014 11:20 AM, ELHOA wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> When I put a raster layer on my canvas, a'm I supposed to be able to select it and then be able to drag it around via the edit functions like I can do with .shp layers?  Is there a way to move (click & drag) such a layer?
>
> Mike K
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Nope, it's assumed the raster layer is geo-registered properly to start.
Now if it's an image that has no spatial reference to start you can use
the georeferencing tool to give it location info based on known points.

If you'd rather stretch and pull it into place try
http://mapknitter.org/
The export when your done is a geo-referenced image.

Enjoy,
Alex