[Qgis-user] Qgis-server recompute always the layer bbox ?

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Feb 14 00:08:25 PST 2014

Hi Andrea

 >I suspect that QS try always to recalc the box of every layer.

QGIS server caches layers (up to 100, but that can be enhanced using the
environment variable MAX_CACHE_LAYERS).  Furthermore, the
GetCapabilities documents are cached (so no recalculation if using FastCGI).

 >Perhaps a different usage of spatialite driver between qgis desktop
and qgis-server ?

QGIS server uses the public API, so it should be exactly the same usage.
Must be some other difference (libspatialite version?)

Regards,
Marco

On 13.02.2014 23:34, Andrea Peri wrote:
> Hi,
> I partially resolved.
>
> The framework I sued will allow me bypass the getcapabilities phase
> and go directly to the getmap phase.
> Initizally also the getmap phase seem to be too slow, but after some
> try I notice that a slow bottleneck is the change of SRS.
> So fixing the SRS to the same of the dataset will gain a bit of speed
> and now the time to wait is quite acceptable.
> The strange is that the qgis desktop on my notebook , using the same
> project and the same datasets is more, more speeder than my server
> where there is the qgis-server.
>
> We use a spatialite db.
> Perhaps a different usage of spatialite driver between qgis desktop
> and qgis-server ?
> Actually I don't know.
>
> Regards,
> Andrea.

> <mailto:aperi2007 at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hi I'm trying to publish with qgis.server a project with some huge
>     dayaset. Actually the getcapabilities tale about 40 sec to return.
>     I suspect that QS try always to recalc the box of every layer.
>     Is confirmed that qgis.server recompute always the box for every
>     request ?
>     If confirmed, There is an option to avoid this ?
>
>     THX,
>     Andrea
>

> --

Dr. Marco Hugentobler