[Qgis-user] Qgis-server recompute always the layer bbox ?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 01:18:31 PST 2014

> I don't understand why the qgis-server eed to calculate always the bbox.
> In the server project windows,
> qgis ask for the published bbox.
> Why it don't use it as bbox rather than calculate it on every request ?

Marco, correct me if I'm wrong.
QGIS Server doesn't calculate the BBOX, it parses the layers extents from
the .qgs project and then combine them to obtain the entire BBOX.
The only operation it does is reprojecting the extents to WGS84 to create
the EX_GeographicBoundingBox element.

Anyway, in case the project advertises and extent, the combined extent
won't be calculated, so in your case this phase shouldn't be the
bottleneck...

giovanni

--
Giovanni Allegri