[Qgis-user] Problems with connecting QDateEdit and QTimeEdit widgets to corresponding Field in QGIS Layer (shp/spatialite)

patrickS82 patrick.schwager at live.unigis.net
Mon Feb 17 10:52:41 PST 2014

Could anybody give me a hint how to connect the QDateEdit and the QTimeEdit
widgets with a field in a QGIS layer (shp or spatialite). The fields in the
QGIS layers are from datatype "date" (dd.MM.yyyy) and "datetime" (HH:mm).
ObjectName in Qt-Designer and the layer in QGIS are equal. For some reason
the connecting doesnt work and the entry in my table stays "NULL". The
binding with normal LineEdits works. I tried to describe my problem  here
<http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/84429/binding-between-qgis-custom-form-qt-designer-and-date-time-field-in-a-spatiali>
but obviously I wasn't that precise. I'm not a programmer and until now I
haven't worked with C++. Thanks in advance!