[Qgis-user] Spatialite VIEW in QGIS question

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Feb 19 21:46:15 PST 2014

Bernd Vogelgesang <bernd.vogelgesang at ...> writes:

> Guys, this is a very sad topic and I really can't understand how people
> can work with 1:n data even on the most basic level under these
> circumstances ...
> Or doesn't anyone work with 1:n data? Well, the the world I'm living in
> is full of that ...
>
> After nearly one week of trial and error, I am giving up now.

Hi,

GIS it to large extent based on principle "one geometry - one set of
attributes". The bird observation case would handle easily a situation where
each observation has an own point geometry. Your case is rather often
handled in two steps: user clicks on a polygon, application gets an ID for
the area and sends a query to the database, reads the observations and shows
them for the user.

I know that BirdLife of Finland has been building some bird observation
stuff on top of QGIS and WFS. Maybe you can try to find some contact there.

-Jukka Rahkonen-