[Qgis-user] Announcing the release of QGIS 2.2

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Feb 22 08:26:20 PST 2014

OS X package will be a little delayed.  I am finally upgrading Macs at my job to Mt Lion, so I won't be supporting Snow Leopard, and I'm checking a few things in all my packages and my development environment.

On Feb 22, 2014, at 2:58 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

> QGIS is a user friendly Open Source Geographic Information System
> that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, and Windows.
>
> We are very pleased to announce the release of QGIS 2.2 'Valmiera'.  The
> emphasis on this release has been very much on polish and performance - we have
> added many new features, tweaks and enhancements to make the user interface
> more consistent and professional looking (and hopefully easier to use). The
> composer (used for creating print ready maps) has had a lot of work done to it
> to make it a more viable platform for creating great cartographic outputs.
>
> This is first release following our new four month release schedule that is
> meant to make new features and bugfixes available quicker and the development
> and new releases more predictable.
>
> In order to streamline the release process, we only release the source code
> today.  The binaries will be created in close succession by the individual
> package maintainers.  The source code is and the binaries soon will be
> available via the large download link on our home page: http://qgis.org
>
> If there is not yet a binary package for your platform on the above page,
> please check back regularly as packagers push out their work and the
> download page will reflect the new packages.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan