[Qgis-user] qgis-server: how remove jpeg output format

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Feb 24 02:33:04 PST 2014

Hi Andrea,

If jpeg output isn't working for your there is something wrong with your
installation (maybe the jpeg library is not properly linked).

I think that JPEG output is useful for orthoimages. Most other maps
where you have a lot of homogeneous areas with few colors are better
handled by PNG 8bit. PNG is somewhere in between. As you said - only PNG
can handle transparency, if you add TRANSPARENT=TRUE in your GetMap request.

I don't think that you can filter the available output formats with QGIS
server. I also think that it is not too useful to filter the formats.
There may be WMS clients that can only handle JPEG and not PNG or
vice/versa. You don't want to exclude these clients. You never know
exactly who your clients are - so better offer a wider selection of formats.

Andreas