[Qgis-user] Calculating acreage in 2.2

Mike Hyslop mdhyslop at mtu.edu
Thu Feb 27 13:26:32 PST 2014

Randy,

I'm getting different results from both you & Raul. Win 7 enterprise, 64
bit. OSGeo4W install of QGIS 2.2. EPSG 2274.

I took the additional steps of creating an area field (from $area) and two
acres fields: one acres calculated from $area / 43560 and one from the area
field / 43560. The two acreage fields are = but values are different than
either of you: 209 acres for the cutover field.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxilz8hn6a5phhx/Screenshot%202014-02-27%2016.20.55.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5my6zhldh7d1rx/Screenshot%202014-02-27%2016.20.19.png

Weird...

Mike