[Qgis-user] [Qgis-developer] Wiki Cleanup

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jan 7 02:40:06 PST 2014

Il 05/01/2014 23:24, Jürgen E. Fischer ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> On Sun, 05. Jan 2014 at 14:21:44 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> * http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Adding_New_Tools_to_the_GRASS_Toolbox (where to move it?)
>
> Isn't that obsolete too?   New stuff should probably go into processing, right?

Not really: the GRASS plugin has a number of advantages over Processing, when doing
purely GRASS analyses:
* more modules available
* more tested options
* much faster processing (no need to import/export at each step)

>> * http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Bugreports
>
> Why not leave information about Redmine in Redmine?

sounds good. another option is to put it in the website, as Anita implies

>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Connect_to_a_Bluetooth_GPS_for_live_tracking
>> and
>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Gps_units_download_data_and_live_tracking
>> (?)
>
> User manual.

+1 - please make sure they are moved to man before removing

>> * http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Python_Plugin_Ideas (?)
>
> That's also something I'd keep in the wiki - IMHO that's what it's meant for.

yes - I also have started several pages of this type
the problem is that these pages tend to be forgotten easily, so sometimes do more
harm than good. still unsure about the long term solution to this.

>> Furthermore, historical pages have already been largely removed. I feel
>> uneasy about this, and I think we should have (in either docs or gov) a
>> page about history, with the release announcements and dates, hackfest
>> participation and details, meetings and resolutions, etc.
>
> Are you sure?

not sure, but I guess it would be interesting for someone to read our history.

All the best.
- --
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html