[Qgis-user] Oracle Spatial Vector Layer Buttons/Menu not visible in QGIS 2.0 on Ubuntu

chris marx chrismarx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 09:27:42 PST 2014

Ok. Is this requirement documented anywhere? I saw a lot of documentation
touting the ability to use Oracle Spatial, blog posts, etc., but never ran
across anything in the documentation about instructions for a custom build
in order to use this functionality. Also, I found this page:

https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/INSTALL

Which contains instructions for doing manual builds, is this the right/best
resource for going forward? This guide doesn't include a list of the
available build options, are those available somewhere? For instance, when
building on a mac environment, several build options were passed to cmake,
see the post here:

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/74842/add-oracle-spatial-vector-layer-with-qgis-2-0-on-mac-osx

it also mentions OCI_LIBRARY and OCI_INCLUDE_DIR options-
Thanks,
Chris-

----