[Qgis-user] Convert an Ascii raster to Image

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Sun Jan 19 05:26:03 PST 2014

Dear Lene,

1st solution
Open ASCII GRID as a raster layer and in the context menu of the layer
select Save as...

2nd solution
From the Raster menu select Conversion -> Translate (Convert format),
select input and output raster and format.

This way you get a single band raster which is not the most beautiful
as a background layer. You had better to make a color relief (Raster menu ->
Analysis -> DEM) and a hillshade. Use blending of the color relief and
hillshade to get a nice terrain background in QGIS 2.

Regards,
Zoltan