[Qgis-user] Sextante/Processing Toolbox

Leo Kris Palao lk.palao at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 18:18:32 PST 2014

Dear *QGIS *Users,

Good Day!

Just would like to ask how to properly configure sextante/processing
toolbox GRASS and SAGA modules using the QGIS 2.0 standalone installer.

I installed QGIS 2.0 Dufour, GRASS 6.4.3 and SAGA using standalone
installers. Then in the Processing Menu > Options and Configurations I set
the following:

*GRASS Folder:* C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS 6.4.3
*Msys Folder:* C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS 6.4.3\Msys

*SAGA Folder:* C:\Program Files (x86)\SAGA-GIS

*I am not quite sure about the actual path name because I already
uninstalled QGIS 2.0 standalone application as well as GRASS and SAGA.*

When I ran each module of GRASS it says that my GRASS folder is not
properly configured.

I installed QGIS, GRASS, SAGA, and Orfeo Toolbox using the OSGeo4W 32-bit
installer and it is working okay.

I just want to ask how can I properly configure the processing toolbox
using QGIS, GRASS, and SAGA standalone installers. Because we are planning
to give training to our partners and I feel that the OSGeo4W will not be
practical to use as installer for the training because we might have
slow/interrupted internet connection.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Leo