[Qgis-user] Problem with axis order of WMS

Robert Nuske rnuske at gwdg.de
Thu Jan 23 05:44:18 PST 2014

Hi Bernhardt

thanks a lot for checking!

> what client do you use? QGIS desktop?
just a simple QGIS 2.0.1 on the desktop

> are you using WMS1.1 or 1.3 in the request? AFAIK QGIS desktop 2.0.1
> uses 1.3
> EPSG:31467 has reversed axis order in WMS1.3
yep
its WMS1.3 and EPSG:3146 with weird axis ordering

> Am 20.01.2014 16:44, schrieb Robert Nuske:
> > Does anybody else have problems with the axis order of WMS in EPSG:31467?
> >
> > Is this a bug in QGIS 2.0.1?
> > If yes, will it be fixed in 2.2?
> >
> > Can anybody reproduce the problem with the WMS and CRS ?
> > http://sg.geodatenzentrum.de/wms_dtk_bkg
>
> the map loads ok if I tick "Invert axis orientation"
This works for me as well, as stated below.

I actually assumed that QGIS would know from the combination of WMS 1.3 and
the definition of  EPSG:3146 (and some others) that the axis are reversed and
display the WMS without further actions.

The "Invert axis orientation" feels rather like a hack. The problem arose
because colleagues didn't know they need tick another option to make a
standard WMS work.

cheers,
  robert