[Qgis-user] Mapinfo and qgis file's datum problem

M. LATTES ml at interatlas.fr
Tue Jan 28 05:35:34 PST 2014

Hi,

Don't forget that in polar coordinates (so WGS84) the X scale and Y scale
are not the same and not constant in projected meter.

I will look into two directions :

1°) Check that the "core" units and projections of MapInfo are the same as
your project projection :

I'm not familiar with your MapInfo version, but I know that in previous
version (8.5 and above), the projection and units of the current map window
are distinct of the "core" (or default) mapinfo projection and unit.
By "core" I mean that when you use some tools, extensions, mapbasic,...
mapinfo may use the projection and units of the main settings, not the one
of the current map window.

2°) Check that your Qgis and MapInfo buffer are polygons, not Ellipse (or
arc) objects that store the radiuses and center and compute the shape.

Mathieu LATTES