[Qgis-user] joinning tables

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Tue Jan 28 23:34:54 PST 2014

Dear James,

thanks for your answer.
My data are available here:
http://www.agt.bme.hu/gis/qgis/ods.zip

You can find in the zip  a shapefile (megye_utf-8), and some spreadsheet
files (ksh.ods, ksh.xlsx, ksh.csv) having the same data.
All use utf-8 code page.
Open megye_utf-8 and ksh.ods and make a join using "megye" and "Nev"
columns. I get NULL data in all joined column.
If ods or xlsx is not supported on your platform, you can use ksh.csv.
If you join the two tables using "kod" (integer value) column, the result
is OK.
I tested it in 2.1, 1,7 and 1.8 on Linux and in 2.1 on Windows.

Best Regards,
Zoltan