[Qgis-user] CRS and scales

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 08:18:13 PST 2014

Hello Etienne,

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Etienne Tourigny
<etourigny.dev at gmail.com>wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong, but this only changes the CRS, but does not
> reproject the data.  You need to save the layer with a different CRS.

Yes that is correct. But I believe that the CRS given to the layers are
incorrect in the first place. Therefore setting the correct CRS to each
layers will allow Transformation on the fly to work properly.

Imagine a layer in Lat, Long degrees, that by mistake someone set it to X,
Y in meter. QGIS will try to render the features in meters, and he will be
doing between 0m to 360m in  X and 90m to -90m in Y.

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto