[Qgis-user] [Qgis-user} Editing the attribute table

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jan 31 00:08:05 PST 2014

Hi Brett,

Unfortunately not, currently (also not in version 2.0). You have to
create a new field with the new name, use the field calculator to
transfer the value and then delete the old column. The side effect is
that the order of the columns will be changed. I guess one could write
an attribute renamer plugin to do that if you have to do it often.

I don't know how important the order of the columns is to you. In QGIS
2.0 one can re-order the columns, at least in the attribute form if you
use the drag and drop designer.

Sorry that I don't have a better solution,
Andreas