[Qgis-user] Trouble compiling qgis with last SL 4.20RC1

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 23:40:42 PDT 2014

After a fast email exchange with the Spatialite Maintainer (many thx to
Alessandro Furieri) ,
the issue was resolved.
QGIS IS using an old deprecated constant "GAIA_VECTORS_LIST_FAST".
It was deprecated in the 4.1.0 release, and with the 4.2.0 it is
definitively removed from source.

The right usable constants should be:
GAIA_VECTORS_LIST_OPTIMISTC and GAIA_VECTORS_LIST_PESSIMISTIC

As workaround I add this line to my local spatialite src:
in the file gg_const.h

#define GAIA_VECTORS_LIST_FAST    0

it mean absolutely none,
but with help to resolve the error in qgis compile.

I prefer to change the spatialite because I'm no so smart with the qgis
code.

But the right correction should be in qgis to invoke the two supported
constants:

GAIA_VECTORS_LIST_OPTIMISTC and GAIA_VECTORS_LIST_PESSIMISTIC
instead of the deprecated
GAIA_VECTORS_LIST_FAST

Best regards.

--